Kenya Safaris one activity that a tourist won’t be disappointed in because Kenya is one of the East African countries that is gifted by nature with both flora and fauna. However, it’s not only nature that has attracted tourists to have taken on Kenya Safaris but also other attractions and activities in Kenya.
Attractions while on Kenya Safaris
There are different attractions in Kenya that can attract tourists from different parts of the world to take on a Kenyan safari these may include;
Wildlife: a number of wildlife species can be found in the different national parks and reserves and reserves. with a total of 22national parks and 28 game reserve, it gives a tourist to take part in various activities like game drives, monkey tracking, birding, chimpanzee tracking which can be done while on Kenya safaris National Parks. For instance, if a tourist is interested in seeing elephants, Amboseli National Park is the place to quench their thirst of seeing elephants. Masai Mara National reserve which is famous for the wildebeest migration which usually takes place in July. Mountain Kenya National Park which is famous for hiking, and there can also be cultural interactions with the Embu people who live south-east of the mountain.
Festivals: Different festivals in Kenya are carried out that attract tourists from different parts of the world. Some of the festivals may include;
- Cultural festivals like Lamu festival that is carried out to showcase the Lamu cultures and its people which usually takes place in November.
- Music festivals for music lovers where different international acts come to Kenya to showcase their musical talents for example at the Safaricom jazz festival.
- Food festivals; the Nairobi restaurant week where different restaurants, hotels, and other dining establishments are able to showcase their menus this is a great experience for foodies because they are able to taste a variety of food.
- Story Moja festival which happens every November is also another festival that tourists interested in art and music can participate in.
- Cake festival hosted yearly in the Uhuru gardens it gives an opportunity to pastry lovers to taste a variety of cakes.
- International camel derby and festival which involves camel riding and races the race is carried out for 3 days and during these days it’s just fun and entertainment and having lots of food and drinks which can be thrilling for the tourist on a Kenyan safari.
Culture: There are three main language groups in Kenya divided into the Bantu, Nilotic and Cushitic speaking groups but in total there are 44 tribes. With cultural diversity, it comes along with different ways of dressing, cultural practices, languages spoken, staple food by these allowing tourists to engage with the local communities, it enables them to understand the different cultures of the different tribes. This helps to improve on the experience of the tourist Tribes may include the Kikuyu, Kamba, Masai, Turkana, Samburu and so on.
Monuments and sites: Having a tour of the different sites and monuments can also improve on the tourist experience during the Kenyan safari because most of the monuments and sites are a representation of Kenya’s heritage. For instance the statue of field marshal Dedan Kimathi, on Kimathi street Nairobi who was the spiritual and military leader of the Mau- Mau uprising which was formed to fight against colonial rule with such monuments they offer a story that was told brings meaning.
Museums: These can also be part of the tourist package to make up a safari by visit a number of museums, a tourist is able to learn about the history of Kenya, for instance, Fort Jesus museum which was built by Portuguese during the Portuguese conquest, Lamu museum and so on.
Beaches: For tourists that are looking for leisure and relaxation, Kenya is a place to be with the very many beaches like Diani beach, Malinda beach.
Activities to do in Kenya Safari tours
Game safaris: These can be done n the Masai Mara where different animals can be seen grazing, taking shade like lions during the dry season, hippos, giraffes and many more.
Hot air balloons: Still on the Masai Mara region, hot air ballooning, tourists are able to view the region, the animals on a wide scale from an ariel view it is a quite interesting and relaxing activity.
Birding: This can be done in almost every national park of Kenya with the numerous bird species. Other activities may include, visiting the capital Nairobi city, and hiking.