3 Days Gorilla Trekking from Kampala is a short safari tour that will see a traveler explore Bwindi Impenetrable National Park in Uganda.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is located in south western Uganda and harbors half of the world’s mountain gorilla population. It has 18 habituated gorilla families which are found in the park’s 4 sectors of Rushaga, Nkuringo, Buhoma, and Ruhija. On your 3 Days Gorilla Trekking from Kampala, you will have an interesting and adventurous tour in Uganda because Bwindi impenetrable national park is the best destination for gorilla trekking in Africa in that you will have an opportunity to see the mountain gorillas face to face and spend one hour with them in their natural habitat.
Highlights of the 3 Days Gorilla Trekking from Kampala
- Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi national park
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking and canoeing On Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala with a stopover at Igongo cultural centre for lunch
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi national park
- Transfer to Bwindi: On day 1 of the 3 Days Gorilla Trekking from Kampala tour, our driver-guide will pick you up depending on your location, brief you about your tour and then embark on your journey to Bwindi Forest national park. You will pass through Masaka district, which the equator line crosses and on your way, you will have a lot of scenic views such as the markets along the road, craft shops, local people, landscapes, part of Lake Mburo National park, among others. On your journey, you will have a stopover in Mbarara town for lunch. After lunch, you will continue the journey to Kabale, then to the Buhoma sector in Bwindi national park for dinner and overnight at the lodge. Accommodation options in the Buhoma sector are Buhoma lodge (luxury), Buhoma community haven lodge (midrange) or Buhoma rest camp (budget).
Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: You will wake up early, have an early breakfast at the lodge and then go to meet up with your driver-guide and set off for the briefing at the park headquarters. After the briefing you will be grouped into 8 people and briefing is done depending on your interests, physical fitness and then you will start trekking with the park guide in the jungle. Gorilla trekking takes about 1 to 8 hours depending on where the gorilla family is located and once found you will spend one hour with the gorillas in their natural habit learning more about their behaviors, taking photos among others.
- Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi: You will transfer to lake Bunyonyi in Kabale town incase gorilla trekking takes a short period of time. Lake Bunyonyi offers beautiful views of the landscape, lake, many islands among others.
- Canoeing: While on Lake Bunyonyi you will take part in canoeing where you will have great views of different bird species and the islands such as the punishment island. After canoeing, you will go to the lodge for dinner and overnight at the accommodation options including Bird nest Resort lodge (luxury), Arcadia cottages lodge (midrange) or Bunyonyi overland resort (budget).
Day 3: Transfer to Kampala
- Departure: You will wake up, have breakfast at the lodge and the driver will pick you up from the lodge and embark on the journey to Kampala.
- Cultural Experience at Igongo: You will have a stopover on your way at the Igongo cultural centre in the Mbarara district, which has a mini-museum with displaying of different cultural practices of different tribes in Uganda.
- Lunch at the Equator: After lunch, you will continue the journey to the equator for photos, craft viewing among others. From the equator, you will continue to Kampala and the driver will drop you at the place of your choice.
End of 3 Days Gorilla Trekking from Kampala
Gorilla trekking tips for your safari in Bwindi national park
Bwindi national park is a tropical rain forest which means that it can rain anytime in the forest, therefore, you need to packs some gorilla trekking essential items for your tour such as
- Hiking shoes
- Garden gloves
- Long sleeved shirt and trouser
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Warm sweaters
- Cotton stockings
- Waterproof backpack to carry your equipment
- Drinking water and packed lunch from the lodge
- Porter who will carry your equipments and give you a pull and push in steep and slippery areas
- An English speaking driver-guide
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Canoeing on Lake Bunyonyi
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 4 Days Bwindi Gorillas and Lake Bunyonyi