3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking from Kigali is a short safari that will see a traveler enjoy a trekking experience in Uganda having arrived in Rwanda. Your 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking from Kigali will start from Kigali in Rwanda to Bwindi impenetrable national park in Uganda. Rwanda increased the cost of a gorilla trekking permit in 2017 to $1500 which affected some of the visitors interested in gorilla trekking hence majority opt to trek gorillas in Uganda because Uganda harbors half of the mountain gorillas in the world and offers a cheaper gorilla trekking permit at $600.
Highlights of the 3 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking from Kigali
- Day 1: Transfer from Kigali to Bwindi national park with en-route lunch in Kisoro town
- Day 2: Gorilla trekking
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kigali with en-route lunch in Kigali
Day 1: Transfer to Bwindi National Park
- Pickup and Transfer to Bwindi: Depending on your location in Kigali, our driver-guide will pick you up and brief you about your 3 days gorilla trekking Uganda from Kigali and then start your journey to Bwindi national park through Cyanika border and then to Kisoro town for lunch. After lunch, you will continue the journey to Bwindi forest national park in the Rushaga sector for dinner and overnight. Accommodation options are Chameleon lodge for luxury, Ichumbi gorilla lodge for midrange or Rushaga gorilla camp for the budget. The journey from Kigali to Bwindi national park takes about 3 to 4 hours and you will have great views of the hills in Rwanda, landscapes, local people among others.
Day 2; Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: You will wake up very early, have your morning breakfast at the lodge and then the driver will pick you up and drive you to the briefing point in Rushaga. You will be welcomed and briefed about gorilla trekking expectations and grouped into 8 people because each gorilla family is visited for a maximum of 8 people for one hour in the presence of the gorilla family. Gorilla trekking activity takes about 2 to 8 hours depending on the location of the gorillas because they like to move from one place to another in search of food. After trekking, you will meet up with your guide and head to the lodge for relaxation, dinner and overnight at the previous lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Kigali
- Transfer to Kigali & Kigali City Tour: You will wake up early, have breakfast and meet up with your guide for the transfer to Kigali. The journey takes about 3 to 4 hours to reach Kigali city and you will have a city tour depending on the time of your flight. On the tour, you will visit the Kigali genocide memorial site, Ibyi’wacu cultural centre where you will interact with the local people in Rwanda among others.
- Drop Off: After the tour, the driver will drop you off at the place of your choice and it will be the end of your 3 days tour.
Gorilla trekking tips for your safari in Bwindi national park
Bwindi national park is a tropical rain forest which means that it can rain anytime in the forest, therefore, you need to packs some essential items for your tour such as
- Hiking shoes
- Garden gloves
- Long sleeved shirt and trouser
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof rain jacket
- Warm sweaters
- Cotton stockings
- Waterproof backpack to carry your equipment
- Drinking water and packed lunch from the lodge
- Porter who will carry your equipments and give you a pull and push in steep and slippery areas
- An English speaking driver-guide
- Gorilla trekking permit
- City tour in Kigali
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.