Mihingo lodge is a luxury accommodation located in eastern part of Lake Mburo National Park in western Uganda . It’s just 1 km from Akageti and 4 km from Sanga Gate. Lake Mburo national park is the smallest park in Uganda found on Mbarara the highway which continues up to Kabale where Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is found.
Lake Mburo national park contains 68 species of mammals and 315 species of birds and they include; Uganda kobs, zebras, impalas ,antelopes, buffaloes, warthogs, crocodiles, Hippos and many more animals. The lodge has fantastic view of the savannah landscape and rooms are facing the park rom which you could spot some wildlife species. The Park is surrounded by a unique rich culture known as Banyankole – Bahima Culture who are Cattle keepers with long horn cattle and they depend on milk. They used to graze their animals in the park earlier and before. The lodge is located on a big granite rock known as kopje.
Mihingo lodge consists of 12 luxury cottages that provide guests with privacy and tranquility. The lodge is located in the forest and has a grass thatched roof. It also has amazing rooms which face the lake. Rooms are spacious with comfortable and clean beddings. All rooms have Verandas that provide a stunning view of Lake Mburo and private facilities like both cold and hot showers and flushing toilets. All rooms are facing the park. The rooms at Mihingo lodge cost 290$ per night and above.
Mihingo lodge offers the following facilities and services.
- A restaurant that serves all the meals both local and international prepared by well trained staff.
- A swimming pool, you relax while enjoying the fantastic view of the park and surrounding area.
- The lodge offers laundry services.
- Ample parking space.
- Excellent and comfortable rooms .
- Private and en suite facilities; hot showers & flushing toilets.
- Well and fully stocked bar.
- WIFI available at the lodge which enables guests to keep in touch with their families and friends.
- Craft shop with African style like Clothing’s, shoes and safari essentials.
Mihingo lodge is the best luxury lodge that one should stay at while in lake Mburo national park for activities like; game drive in the park, boat cruise at lake Mburo, nature walks, culture visits, bush picnics, Horse riding, massage and sundowners, sport fishing in lake mburo, birding and other activities.