Rwakobo Rock Lodge
Rwakobo rock lodge is a mid range accommodation found at the edge of Lake Mburo national park along
Kampala – Mbarara highway which leads to Kabale the home of the famous Mountain Gorillas of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. The lodge is outside the park nshara gate of Lake Mburo National Park which happens to be the smallest national park in Uganda. It’s approximately 500 m from Akageti trading centre to lake Mburo national park and Rwakobo rock is set while overlooking the big granite rock.
The lodge is surrounded by Banyankole-Bahima cultured locals who are cattle keepers with Ankole longhorn cattle. They were used to graze in the park earlier and before.
Rwakobo rock lodge contains 8 spacious cottages and five self contained rooms in the newly built hornbill house with grass thatched roofs. All rooms have verandas, where you relax and enjoy the beautiful view of the park and surrounding area. Each room has a private ensuite facility with hot and cold showers and flushing toilets. Rooms have terraces and fireplaces that enable the guests to keep warm.
Rwakobo rock lodge offers the following services and facilities;
- A restaurant that serves all the meals both local and international meals to meet clients’ choices.
- A swimming pool.
- Excellent and comfortable rooms with private ensuite facilities.
- The lodge provides laundry services.
- Free parking space.
- WiFi is available at the lodge that enables the guests to keep in touch with their family and friends.
- Solar power available at the lodge.
- Craft shop with African craft styles available.
Rwakobo rock lodge is a friendly accommodation that one should stay at while in lake Mburo national park for activities like; game drive, launch trip, sport fishing at lake.mburo, horse riding, bird watching, nature walks, cultural visits in the bahima homes and many more activities.