1 Day Itanda Falls Tour
1 Day Itanda Falls tour is one of the shortest Uganda Safari tours that a traveler can engage in as they head to Jinja town to explore these falls on River Nile. On your 1 Day Itanda Falls tour you will visit Jinja town which is known as the destination of adventure in Uganda. In Jinja town, you will engage in white water rafting which is the most amazing and adventurous activity on River Nile the longest river in the world.
Detailed itinerary of the tour
- Transfer to Jinja: Depending on your location, our driver-guide will pick you up from the lodge and brief you about your 1 Day Itanda Falls tour on the river Nile. After the briefing, you will set off to Jinja town which is located in southeastern Uganda.
- Mabira Forest Experience: On your way, you will have a stopover at Mabira forest which is located in the Buikwe district for a nature forest walk. After the forest walks, you will continue to Jinja town for lunch.
- Water Rafting Experience: After lunch, you will drive to River Nile for white water rafting experience which will be done at Itanda falls. White water rafting is an exciting activity that is done by the use of a small paddle raft filled with air and with a trained guide. During white water rafting, the raft will navigate rapids on River Nile and it’s done according to grades which range from grade 1 to grade 5.
- Return to Kampala: After the adventurous white water rafting activity, you will meet up with your driver-guide and transfer back to Kampala City.
End of 1 day Falls tour
- An English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunch
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- White water rafting
- Forest walk in Mabira
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
What to carry for white water rafting activity
- Light clothes for white water rafting like a swimsuit
- Pair of shorts to wear while on the river
- Change of outfit after rafting
- Waterproof bag to protect your camera
- Hat with a retention strap
See also: 3 Days Gorilla Trekking from Kampala