2 Days Mabira & Source of the Nile tour is a short Uganda Safari tour where travelers get a chance to explore the Source of the Nile and Mabira Forest. On your 2 Days Mabira & Source of the Nile tour you will be able to explore the Mabira forest by engaging in various activities such as zip-lining, forest walk among others as you continue to Jinja town where the Source of the Nile is found which was discovered by John Speke in 1863. Jinja has located in source eastern Uganda and is an adventurous city in Uganda, while in Jinja you will enjoy a boat cruise on the Source of the Nile, visit craft shops hence making your tour enjoyable and memorable.
Highlights of the 2 Days Mabira & Source of the Nile tour
- Nature forest walk
- Boat ride
- Quad biking
Day 1: Transfer to Jinja
- Transfer to Source of the Nile: Depending on your location, our driver-guide will pick you up from the lodge and brief you about your 2 days tour in the Mabira forest and the source of the Nile.
- Sezibwa Falls: After the briefing, you will set off to the source of the Nile which is located in Jinja, on your way you will have a stopover at Sezibwa falls where the falls are located in Mukono district. At the falls you will have great views of the rocks where the waterfall, vegetation, bird species, the sound of the falls among others.
- Mabira forest Experience: From Sezibwa falls, you will continue the journey and pass through Lugazi sugarcane plantation as you head to the Mabira forest which is the largest rain forest in central Uganda located in Buikwe district for lunch. After lunch you will engage in nature forest walk where you will be able to view various primate species such as the red tailed monkeys, grey-cheeked Mangabey and various bird species such as the Great blue turaco, purple throated cuckoo shrike, Cassin’s hawk-eagle, hornbills among others. You can also opt for a zip-lining activity which is more adventurous and popular in Mabira forest and takes about 4 hours.
- Source of the Nile Experience: After the forest walk or zip lining you will continue to Jinja town where you will head for the sunset boat ride you on the Source of the Nile. You will first meet the craft shops containing many souvenirs, craft items like bags, sandals among others. After the craft shops center, you will continue for the boat ride on the source of the Nile which takes about 1 to 2 hours riding on the calm water. You will be able to view various bird species such as the king fishers, cormorants and animals like the monitor lizards, crocodiles along the shores and enjoy the spectacular sunset in the evening among others. After the boat cruise, you will meet up with your driver-guide go for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation options include Jinja Nile Resort (luxury) or The Haven Lodge in Jinja
Day 2: Quad biking on the source of the Nile
- Quad Biking: You will wake up have a relaxed breakfast meet up with your driver-guide and transfer for a briefing at the starting point for quad biking. During the briefing you will be trained on how quad biking is done. Quad biking at the Source of the Nile takes about 4 hours and you will be able to explore the local communities, forests, and farms, children in the village running around among others. Quad biking will give you a lifetime experience on your tour at the Source of the Nile.
- Source of the Nile Museum: After quad biking, you will go back to the lodge for lunch and after lunch, you will check out and drive to the Source of the Nile museum. At the Source of the Nile museum, you will learn about the traditions and cultures of the Basoga, Baganda and other tribes in Uganda. From the Source of the Nile Museum, you will transfer to Kampala city where you will reach the early evening.
End of your 2 days safari to Mabira forest and Source of the Nile
- An English speaking driver-guide
- Sezibwa falls tour
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Boat ride
- Nature Forest walk in Mabira
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 1 Day Source of the Nile Tour