3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari
3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari is a short Uganda Wildlife safari tour where travelers will get a chance to travel by flight to Kidepo National Park for safari. Kidepo National Park is a unique national park located in the remote and isolated Karamoja province northeastern part of Uganda. On your 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari, you will be able to view various animal species in the park such as zebras, elephants, elands, lions, buffaloes, giraffes, striped hyenas, bush pigs, waterbucks, cheetah, Uganda kobs, Jackson’s hartebeests, bird species such as pygmy falcon, Egyptian vulture, black-breasted barbet, ostriches, hornbills, Karamoja Apalis among others.
Highlights of the 3 Days Kidepo Wildlife Safari
- Day 1: Fly from Entebbe to Kidepo national park
- Day 2: Morning game drive and nature walk
- Day 3: Fly to Entebbe airport
Day 1: Fly from Entebbe airport to Kidepo national park
- Flight to Kidepo: Depending on your location our driver guide will pick you up from the lodge in Kampala City and drive you to Entebbe international airport where you will board a chartered aircraft to Apoka airstrip in Kidepo national park. After arrival in Kidepo, our driver-guide will pick you up from the airstrip and drive you to the lodge where you will check-in and have lunch.
- Cultural Tour: After lunch, you will go for an evening cultural tour to the Karamojong people who are found in the northeastern part of Uganda bordering south Sudan and Kenya. The Karamajong people are cattle keepers and hardly wear clothes because of the hot weather hence will be seen wrapping their bodies using brightly colored blankets. On your cultural tour, you will visit the Karamojong homesteads, dishes and enjoy their traditional dances, songs among others. After the cultural tour, you will drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation options include Apoka Safari Lodge (luxury) and Nga Moru Wilderness Camp (mid-range)
Day 2: Morning game drive and Nature walk
- Game Drive: You will wake up have lunch at the lodge and then meet up with your driver-guide for the morning game drive where you will be able to view various animals such as elephants, buffaloes, giraffes, zebras, leopards, lions, cheetahs, duikers, bushbucks and bird species such as the Kori bustard, ground hornbill, secretary bird, red-eyed barbet, bee-eaters, purple heron, Karamoja Apalis among others.
- Nature Walk: After the game drive you will drive back to the lodge for lunch and after lunch you will go for nature walk around Apoka camp, along Narus valley, Rionomoe trail where you will be able to relax, feel the cool breath, see beautiful landscapes, plants, animals grazing such as zebras, elephants, reedbucks and birds singing in the trees. After the nature walk, you will go back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation options include Apoka Safari Lodge (luxury) and Nga Moru Wilderness Camp (mid-range).
Day 3: Fly back to Entebbe Airport
- Hotsprings Experience: You will wake up have breakfast at the lodge and then drive to Kanangorok hot springs which are located in the northern part of the park. The hot springs are good for scenic viewing of the animals and birds, relaxation and you can also boil some eggs. After visiting the hot springs you will drive back to the lodge for lunch. After lunch, you will check out of the lodge and fly back to Entebbe International airport.
Note: You will be using Aero link which is an aircraft that operates domestic flights in Uganda and it operates on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. From Entebbe airport, Aero link aircraft departs at 12:30 pm and arrives at 14:45 pm while from Kidepo, Apoka Airstrip it departs at 15:00 pm and arrives at 16:30 pm.
End of 3 days Kidepo National Park
- An English speaking driver-guide
- All park entrance fees
- Cultural tour
- Kanangorok hot springs
- Nature walk
- Full board accommodation
- Domestic flight tickets
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 3 Days Lake Mburo Safari