1 Day Kampala City tour is a short Uganda Safari tour where travelers only get to visit the key attractions of the Capital City of the country. Kampala city is the largest and capital city of Uganda which used to be commonly referred to as the city of seven hills. On your 1 day Kampala city tour, you will explore various destinations and view many attractions ranging from cultural, religious, historical, physical among others which will make your Kampala city tour exciting.
1 Day Kampala City tour Highlight
- Namugongo martyrs shrine
- Bahai temple
- Uganda museum
- Gaddafi mosque
- Kabaka’s palace
- Owino market
- Craft markets
- Pick Up: Depending on your location in Kampala our driver guide will pick you up from the lodge and brief you on the city destinations that you are going to visit during your Kampala city tour.
- Namugongo Shrine: After the briefing, you will start your tour where you will drive to Namugongo shrine a catholic church where the 22 Uganda martyrs were killed on the orders of Kabaka Mwanga who was the king of Buganda. The Uganda martyrs that were killed are remembered every year and people walk from far areas to come and celebrate the martyr’s day.
- Bahai Temple: From Marty’s shrine, you will drive to Bahai Temple which is the mother temple of Bahai faith in Africa, it’s located on Kikaaya hill along Gayaza road. The temple was built in a breath taking architecture and acts as a birding destination.
- Uganda Museum: After visiting the Bahai temple you will drive to the Uganda Museum where you will be able to view various displays of Uganda’s culture and traditions. At the museum you will be able to see musical instruments, transportation means, for example, the canoes, historical tools, historical sites in Uganda among others.
- Kabaka’s Palace: From the museum, you will go for lunch and taste different local dishes, after lunch, you will continue with the tour and visit Kabaka’s Palace which is a home for the present king of Buganda. At the palace, the guide will take you through the history and culture of the Buganda kingdom, visit the Amin’s torture chambers among others.
- Gaddhafi Mosque: After the Kabaka’s Palace tour you will drive to Gaddafi mosque which is located on one of the seven hills called old Kampala hill. Gaddafi Mosque is the biggest mosque in Africa that was built by the former president of Libya colonel Muamar Gaddafi. During the tour at Kampala mosque, the female visitors will be given cloths to cover their heads and should put on decently while at the mosque. You will view its architecture and climb on its tunnel which gives you great views of Kampala city.
- Owino Market: After the Gaddafi mosque, you will drive to Owino market which is the largest market in Uganda, at Owino market they sell mostly second hand clothes and other items like electronics, food among others, therefore, you will be able to interact with the people and buy yourself some clothes.
- Uganda’s art gallery: From the Owino market, you will visit the craft shops, for example, Uganda’s art gallery or exposure craft market on Buganda road where you will be able to view different items made such as craft bags, clothes, sandals among others. After the craft market visit, you will transfer back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
End of 1 Day Kampala City Tour
1 Day Kampala City Tour includes
- An English speaking driver-guide
- En-route lunch
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 1 Day Itanda Falls tour