2 Days Murchison Falls Safari
2 Days Murchison falls safari will take you to Murchison falls national park which is the most visited and largest national park in Uganda. Murchison falls National Park is located in the northwestern part of Uganda and on your 2 days safari you will engage in a boat cruise and game drive activity where you will view various wildlife animals like the big four mammals which include elephants, buffaloes, lions, and leopards. Other animals in the Murchison falls national park include giraffes, waterbucks, bushbucks, Uganda kobs, hyenas, hippos, crocodiles, oribi, warthogs, Jackson’s heartbeats, bird species like the rare shoe bill stork, yellow billed stork, secretary bird, goliath heron among others.
Highlights of the 2 Days Murchison Falls Safari
- Day 1: pick up and transfer to Murchison falls national park
- Day 2: game drive and departure
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Transfer to Murchison: You will wake up very early, have breakfast and our driver guide will pick you up from the lodge in Kampala City at around 6am, give you a short briefing about your 2 days Murchison falls safari and then start your journey to Murchison falls national park where you will pass via Luwero town, Masindi town and then to the park. Driving from Kampala to Murchison falls national park takes about 5 hours’ drive and on arrival in the park you will check-in into the lodge and then have lunch.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch you will go for an afternoon boat cruise on River Nile to the bottom of the falls where you will have great views of the waterfall while cruising meters away from the animals such as elephants, buffaloes, antelopes, hippos, Nile crocodiles on the river banks, bird species such as the King fisher’s, Bee-eaters, Herons among others and the boat will continue to the bottom of the falls. After the bottom of the falls boat cruise, you can opt for an adventurous top of the falls hike which is charged at an extra cost, the top of the falls hike is steep therefore it needs you to be physically fit.
- Top of the Falls Hike: Top of the falls hike takes about 45 minutes and offers spectacular views of the landscape, River Nile, bird species as you listen to the roars of the water. When you reach on top your driver-guide will be waiting for you to transfer to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Accommodation options include Paraa safari lodge for luxury, Pakuba safari lodge for midrange.
Day 2: Morning game drive and Departure
- Morning Game Drive: You will wake up very early have breakfast, check out of the lodge and meet up with your driver-guide for the morning game drive across the savannah vegetation. Game drive in Murchison falls national park starts at around 6:30 am and your driver will help you to spot different bird and animal species such as elephants, buffaloes, antelopes, lions, giraffes and warthogs, leopards, Jackson’s heartbeats among others.
- Return to Kampala: After the game drive which takes about 4 to 5 hours, you will drive out of the park and head to Masindi town with a stopover for lunch. After lunch, you will continue the journey to Kampala and reach the early evening. Upon arrival, your driver-guide will drop you off at a place of convenience or at Entebbe airport to catch your next flight.
End of 2 Days Murchison falls safari
- An English speaking driver-guide
- Park entrance fee
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Boat cruise
- Top of the falls hike
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour