3 Days Murchison Falls Tour
3 Days Murchison Falls Tour is yet another amazing safari that explores Uganda’s biggest National Park as you get to see plenty of wildlife species. During the 3 days safari, you will explore Murchison falls national park which is the largest national park in Uganda. Murchison falls national park is located 305 kilometers north of Kampala capital city and is a home of various bird species such as the rare Shoebill stork, Grey-crowned Crane, Great Blue Turaco among others, animal species such as the big 4 which are elephants, buffaloes, lions and leopards, other animals in the park include Giraffes, Warthogs, Bushbucks, Waterbucks, water animals like the Nile crocodiles which gives you great experiences while on your safari in Murchison falls national park.
Highlights of the 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour
- Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls national & Rhino Trekking
- Day 2: Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise
- Day 3: Transfer back to Kampala, you will have a stopover in Masindi town for lunch
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: Depending on your location in Kampala, our driver-guide will pick you up either from the hotel or the Airport, brief you about your 3 Days Murchison Falls Tour and then you will start the journey to Murchison falls national park via Luwero district where you will see various fruit types along the road.
- Rhino Trekking: On your way, you will have a stopover at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary which is the only destination with rhinos in Uganda. At Ziwa Rhino sanctuary, you will have an opportunity to track the rhinos and the activity takes about one hour, after rhino tracking, you will continue with the journey and have another stopover in Masindi town for lunch.
- Check-in: After lunch, you will continue to Murchison fall national park where you will have a direct drive on top of the falls and after you will proceed to the lodge where you will have dinner and overnight. The accommodation options are Paraa safari lodge for luxury, Pakuba safari lodge for midrange or Red chili lodge for the budget.
Day 2: Morning game drive and Boat cruise
- Morning Game Drive: You will wake up very early, have breakfast and your guide will pick you up for the morning game drive which will start at 6:00am or 7:00am. Murchison falls national park is blessed with a variety of vegetation types, bird species, and animal species, during the game drive you will get an opportunity to view most of the animals such as elephants, buffaloes, giraffes, lions, waterbucks, antelopes among others. After the game drive which will end at around12pm, you will drive back to the lodge to have lunch and re-freshen up.
- Boat Cruise: After lunch, you will go for an afternoon boat cruise which takes about 3 hours on River Nile where you will view various animals such as the elephants, buffaloes on the water banks, water birds, Nile crocodiles among others. The boat will continue to the bottom of the falls where you will have beautiful views of the waterfall.
- Hike to the top of the falls: While at the bottom of the falls, you can opt for hiking on top of the falls where you will meet your driver guide on top after hiking. Hiking on top of the falls is an interesting and adventurous activity that takes about 45 minutes but needs someone to be physically fit. After meeting up with your guide you will drive back to the lodge for dinner and overnight at the lodge used the previous day.
Day 3: Transfer to Kampala
- Morning Game Drive: You will wake up early have breakfast at the lodge and then go for a morning game drive in the park where you will view animals that you missed sighting during the previous game drive. The game drive will end at around noon and then you will drive out of the part and start the journey back to Kampala.
- Transfer to Kampala: On your way, you will have a stopover in Masindi town for lunch and then proceed to Kampala where you will reach the early evening. The driver-guide will drop you off at a place of your choice or at Entebbe Airport in case you have a flight to catch
End of 3 days tour in Murchison falls
- An English speaking driver-guide
- All park entrance fees
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Boat cruise
- Hiking on top of the falls
- Ziwa Rhino sanctuary trekking
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 2 Days Murchison Falls Tour