2 Days Murchison Falls Tour is one of the shortest safaris that one can engage in as they explore the amazing Uganda Wildlife territories. Murchison falls National Park is the oldest and largest national park in Uganda and offers the best safari experiences in Uganda. Murchison falls national park offers a wide range of activities to visitors on a safari such as game drives, boat cruise, nature walks, hiking, bird watching among others and during you two day safari, you will enjoy some of the activities like boat cruise and game drive where you will have great views of vegetation types, butterflies, reptiles, bird species such as the rare shoebill stork, animal species such as the big 4 animals which are elephants, buffaloes, lions and leopards, other animals like giraffes, waterbucks, bushbucks, hyenas, warthogs among others.
Highlights of the 2 Days Murchison Falls Tour
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison falls national park, have a stopover in Masindi for lunch and boat cruise in the afternoon.
Day 2: Morning game drive and transfer back to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Murchison Falls National Park
- Transfer to Murchison Falls: You will wake up very early, have breakfast and meet up with our driver-guide at around 6am who will pick you up from the lodge in Kampala City, give you a short briefing about your 2 days safari in Murchison falls and then start your journey to Murchison falls national park which takes about 5 hours’ drive. You will pass via Luwero town, Masindi town and then to the park where you will have lunch before going for the afternoon boat cruise.
- Boat Cruise: During the boat cruise on River Nile you will cruise meters away from the animals such as elephants, buffaloes, hippos, Nile crocodiles on the river banks, bird species such as the King fisher’s, Bee-eaters, Herons among others and the boat will continue to the bottom of the falls. While at the bottom of the falls, you can opt for hiking to the top of the falls which is charged at an extra cost, the hike is steep and needs you to be physically fit. After hiking on top of the falls, you will meet your driver guide on top and then drive to the lodge for dinner and overnight. The accommodation options include Paraa safari lodge for luxury, Pakuba safari lodge for midrange or Red chili camp for the budget.
Day 2: Morning game drive
- Morning Game Drive: You will wake up very early, have breakfast at the lodge and the driver will pick you up for the morning game drive across the savannah vegetation where the driver will help you to spot different bird species and animals such as elephants, buffaloes, antelopes, lions, giraffes, and warthogs among others.
- Return to Kampala: After the game drive which takes about 4 to 5 hours, you will drive out of the park and head to Masindi town where you will have a stopover for lunch. After lunch, you will continue the journey to Kampala and reach early evening where the driver will drop you off at the place of your choice.
End of 2 days tour
- An English speaking driver guide
- Park entrance fee
- Pick up and drop off
- Vehicle and fuel
- Boat cruise
- Hiking on top of the falls
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 4 Days Murchison Falls NP Safari