2 Days Sipi Falls Safari
2 Days Sipi Falls safari is a short Uganda Safari tour to the amazing Sipi falls that are amazing to look at and hike and have attracted many tourists to Uganda. Sipi falls is located in Kapchorwa district in eastern Uganda on the slopes of Mount Elgon. During your 2 Days Sipi Falls Safari, you will be able to hike the three waterfalls, explore the coffee plantations and have great views of Mabira forest, Jinja town among others on your way to Sipi falls.
Highlights of the 2 Days Sipi Falls Safari
- Day 1: Transfer to Sipi falls
- Day 2: Coffee plantation tour and transfer to Kampala
Day 1: Transfer to Sipi falls
- Transfer to Sipi falls & Source of the Nile Experience: Depending on your location our driver guide will pick you up and brief you about your 2 days Sipi falls safari. After the meeting, you will start the journey to Sipi where you will pass via Mabira forest and then head to Jinja for a boat cruise on the source of the Nile. After the boat cruise, you will go for lunch in Jinja town.
- Hiking Sipi falls: lunch you will proceed with the journey to Sipi falls taking about 6 hours’ drive. After arrival, you will go to the hiking starting point where you will be briefed and given walking sticks for support during hiking. There are three waterfalls at Sipi falls and hiking to each waterfall gives you a different and unique experience such as cool breeze, views of Mount Elgon, Karamoja plains, Lake Kyoga, a small cave for relaxation among others. Hiking the three waterfalls takes about 4 hours depending on your physical fitness and after hiking, you will drive to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation includes Sipi River Lodge (luxury) and Lacam Sipi Lodge (mid-range)
Day 2: Coffee plantation tour and transfer to Kampala
- Coffee Plantations Tour: You will wake up have breakfast at the lodge meet up with your driver-guide and drive to the coffee plantations which are found on the lower slopes of Mount Elgon. Coffee mainly grown is Arabica coffee and its grown within the altitudes of 1600m and 1900m, you will be able to learn different procedures taken to process coffee such as harvesting, drying, roasting, pounding in local mortars among others hence giving you interesting memories.
- Return to Kampala: After the coffee plantation tour, you will drive back to the lodge for lunch. After lunch you will check out of the lodge and start your journey back to Kampala where you will arrive early evening. The driver will, therefore, drop you off either at Entebbe International airport or at any place of convenience.
End of 2 days Sipi Falls Safari
- An English speaking driver-guide
- Full board accommodation
- Pick up and drop off
- Coffee plantation tour
- Boat cruise on the source of the Nile
- Hiking Sipi waterfalls
- Vehicle and fuel
- Bottled water
- Air flight tickets
- Optional activities not included in the itinerary
- Personal expenses like buying souvenirs, crafts, drinks, laundry services, tips among others.
See also: 2 Days Murchison Falls Tour